Humans beings are very fragile but by the same token extraordinarily resilient.
I was talking with a beautiful young lady this week, to look at her, one would never guess her story (her heartache began with the abuse she endured as a young child) yet her disposition was beautiful. She'd come to terms with the hurts in her past. She wasn't bitter or eaten up by resentment and hatred, had she been others would have been sympathetic. I asked her, "how have you survived?", she told me, "I'm a believer in Jesus Christ, He is the reason I am happy." She believes II Thessalonians 3:3 "But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one."
I'm privileged to know the stories of those close to me and they're equally, unbelievably astounding, I've thought of others around me and wonder what is their story? Incredible people all around us, with God only knows what horrendous hardships they may have had to endure.
Cheers to those who have overcome depressing chapters, endured extreme physical/mental anguish and can hold their heads high with a smile, a solid confidence of heart, soul, and spirit all because they have come to know the Healer of Broken hearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.